An occasional roundup of news stories about the issues impacting kids in Vietnam and around the world. This month, slavery has received significant media attention.
- Babies are advertised for sale online in China...
- ... and a film maker reflects on his own experience of human trafficking there.
- The rescue of a Vietnamese woman trafficked to China is described in this report.
- A British crackdown on human trafficking leads to the discovery of young Vietnamese women trafficked into beauty parlours.
- The Modern Slavery Bill is close to being passed as law in the UK.
- Cambodia continues to struggle with trafficking for forced labour and the sex trade.
- The Economist takes a look at slavery in supply chains.
- And this article explores the use of slavery in the fishing industry.