Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Something big

For a long time now, I have been writing and talking about the issue of children being trafficked from central Vietnam to Saigon in the south. (See here and here for some earlier posts).

Blue Dragon has so far helped just a few of these kids, and I have long been grumbling about the need to do something more.

So now I am.

A plan has been devised and has already swung into action.

Phase 1 is underway; two people are on a train, on their way to meet some villagers.

I'm going to be Mr Mystery for the next week or so, and not reveal too much about what's happening. That's partly so that nobody can anticipate our next moves and block us; it's also partly because the plan is not set in concrete... It will evolve, and it would be arrogant of me to boldly announce what's going on when, in fact, I am not so sure myself.

But something is happening. Something big, and potentially outrageous. Stay tuned.

No comments: